Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- GoPiGo with Raspberry Pi 3B+
- Features an educational robot car
- Has a thick acrylic body and metal hardware
- Soft rubber wheels provide traction on any surface
- Improved power management protects hardware and software
- Motors with upgraded electronic ensure precise motor control and reliable steering
- GoPiGo runs on 8 AA batteries (Not included)
The GoPiGo w/ Raspberry Pi B3+ includes everything you need to get started from scratch including a GoPiGo, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Camera/Distance Sensor Mount, Distance Sensor, microSD Card, Power Supply, and Ethernet Cable.
GoPiGo Key Features
More Durable: The thickness of the acrylic has been increased, and are using some new metal hardware components for a sturdy, more durable robot. Classrooms are active places, so this robot can withstand the bumps and falls that come with that. Also, the wheels have been upgraded to soft rubber for better traction on any surface.
Power Management: Dexter's very talented hardware engineer, Matthew Richardson, redesigned the GoPiGo board to do so much more, but most of it is stuff that is going on behind the scenes.
But, while you can’t see it, It results in a much better experience. For example, he built a smarter power management system that protects the SD card from getting corrupted, because it makes the robot shut down properly each time.
New Motors & Encoders: The motors on the GoPiGo have been upgraded, and custom electronic encoders have been designed that are attached directly to the motors. Simply put, the encoders improve the driving and steering accuracy of the GoPiGo, so there isn’t unexpected veering.
Sensor mount: Also, a durable nylon sensor mount has been designed, that snaps onto the GoPiGo, so no more tiny screws - meaning you can snap a sensor in and assemble in no time!
Note: Ethernet cable is only for advanced users who want to use Raspbian for Robots instead of the default DexterOS
- Wheel Diameter: 66.5 mm
- Ages: 10+
- Technology: Raspberry Pi & Windows 10
- Languages: Python, Scratch, Java, NodeJS, C/C++
- Assembly time: 30 minutes
- Operating Voltage: 7-12 V
- I2C ports: 2 Grove ports connected to the Raspberry Pi I2C bus through a level conversion chip
- Serial ports: 1 Grove port connected to serial pins on the Raspberry Pi through a level conversion chip
- Analog digital ports: 2 Grove ports connected to the GoPiGo3 microcontroller
- Encoders: 2 Magnetic encoders with 6 pulse counts per rotation