- Leddar Vu8 Module, 99° x 0,3°, Horizontal Assembly, USB, CAN & Serial Interfaces
- Offers long detection range (up to 185 m)
- Compact and lightweight
- Detect and track multiple objects simultaneously
- Rapid refresh rate: up to 100 Hz
- Proven reliability both indoors and outdoors
- Outstanding robustness and no moving parts
The Leddar Vu8 Module, 99° x 0,3°, Horizontal Assembly, USB, CAN & Serial Interfaces offers affordable detection and ranging performance in a small, robust form factor over distances up to 185 meters.
It provides the ability to detect and track multiple objects simultaneously over eight distinct segments with superior lateral discrimination capabilities.
Leveraging LeddarTech’s unique expertise in LiDAR detection and ranging, the Vu8 sensor contains the proprietary Leddar technology. The patented Leddar signal processing algorithms efficiently acquire, sequence and digitally process light signals, significantly improving solid- state LiDAR sensitivity, immunity to ambient light variations and performance in inclement weather.
This unique built-in processing ability allows for rapid delivery of accurate measurements and extends range and measurement capabilities. Additionally, it provides superior lateral discrimination, as well as the critical capability to detect and track multiple objects simultaneously in the sensor’s field of view (FoV).
Weighing only 144 grams or less, the Leddar Vu8 module uses a fixed light source, which significantly increases the sensor’s robustness and cost efficiency as compared to any mechanical scanning LiDAR solution.
The Vu8 leverages powerful laser illumination (Class 1, eye-safe) and a wide FoV separated into eight distinct detection segments within a single sensor, resulting in rapid, continuous and accurate detection and ranging of objects–including lateral discrimination–along the entire length of the wide beam, without any moving parts.
The Vu8 source assembly consists of a 905 nm laser emitter combined with diffractive optics, providing a wide illumination beam that is available in various combinations of horizontal and vertical FoV configurations. The receiver assembly includes eight independent detection elements with simultaneous multi-object measurement capabilities supported by powerful Leddar signal processing algorithms.
Integration and Interfaces
The Vu8 module comes with a software development kit, the Leddar Enabler SDK, which provides a user-friendly application programming interface (API) with .NET and C libraries complete with sample code for Windows and Linux. Two interface configurations are available, SPI or USB-CAN-Serial (UART/RS-485).
- 1x Leddar Vu8 Module, 99° x 0,3°, Horizontal Assembly, USB, CAN & Serial Interfaces
- 35.9 x 70.0 x 63.6 mm (L x W x H)
- Number of segments: 8
- Wavelength: 905 nm
- Power supply: 12 ± 0.6 VDC
- Horizontal FoV: 99°
- Vertical FoV: 0.3°
- Range2 (m): Retroreflector: 61 | White: 12 | Gray: 7
- Interfaces: USB, CAN Bus & Serial
- Weight: 144.1 g
- Accuracy: ±5 cm
- Regulatory compliance: CE, FCC Class B, RoHS
- Data refresh rate: Up to 100 Hz
- Distance precision: ±6 mm
- Distance resolution: ±10 mm
- Power consumption: 2 W
- Eye safety: IEC 60825-1:2014 Class 1
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +85 °C
- Operation, transport, and storage relative humidity: 5 to 95 %
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.