Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- High performance distance measurement sensor
- Based on infrared Time-of-Flight technology (ToF)
- Low power consumption
- Suitable for high volume usage
The TeraRanger One ToF Rangefinder Type A (Spider) is the most advanced distance sensor for robotics. For crosstalk avoidance in multiple robot environments two versions of the sensor are available, type A and type B, which can operate simultaneously without affecting each other’s reading. Sensors A and B performance are very similar. We prefer A for indoor environments and B for outdoor as the latter is more stable in direct sunlight.
The TeraRanger One ToF Rangefinder Type A (Spider) is a lightweight, high-performance distance measurement sensor based on infrared Time-of-Flight (ToF) technology. It is much faster than ultrasound and far smaller and lighter than laser-based systems. Its small size, high performance and low power consumption make it ideal for modern robotic applications, drone operations and automation, whilst its cost-effectiveness also makes it suitable for high volume usage as well as powerful research and DIY applications.
- TeraRanger One sensor
- Open-ended cable for power and data transfer
- 35 x 29 x 18mm
- 8g to 10g depending on external design
- Principle: Infrared Time-of-Flight (ToF)
- Range: Up to 14m indoors (At least 5 to 6m in sunlight)
- Update rate: 1000Hz in fast mode (Up to 600Hz in precision mode)
- Range resolution: 0.5cm
- Accuracy: ± 4cm in precision mode
- Field of view: 3º
- Supply voltage: 12V DC recommended (10 to 20V DC accepted)
- Supply current: 50mA average (110mA peak @12V)
- Interfaces: UART, +5V level, up to 115200,8,N,1. (Factory default when shipped) TWI (I2C compatible) +5V level (Firmware available on request)
- Connector: 15 pin DF13 (open-ended cable provided)