Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Cytron Maker Mini Sumo Controller
- Doesn't need solderning
- Can be fit easily into any robot
- Stays on even after switch contact is removed
- Can handle up to 6A maximum current per channel
The Maker Mini Sumo Controller: Simplifying Sumo Robot is very prone to shock/vibration, especially during the collision with each other. Mechanical switch tends to lose connection due to excessive vibration, particularly after it has worn out.
You definitely do not want your robot to lose power momentarily and reset itself during any competition. Therefore this controller comes with a unique shock-proof on/off circuitry. When the power is turned on, lose of connection or disconnected slide switch will not turn the circuit off. Instead, it will need to connect to the opposite contact point to turn the power off.
To demonstrate this feature, the case of the slide switch has been purposely removed. The board is turned on when the slide switch is at ON position. It stays on after that even the contact of the switch is removed. The board is only turned off when the slide switch is at OFF position.
If you are a hardcore gamer and believe that your robot controlling skill is better than the computer, you may want to take part in the RC category of Sumo robot competition. By connecting the RC receiver to the extra GPIO ports on the Maker Mini Sumo Controller, you can turn your robot into a RC controlled robot.
It requires lots of testing, troubleshooting and fine tuning. Therefore some features to ease the troubleshooting and testing process have been incorporated. Motor Test Buttons and LEDs allow us to test the motor direction and connection without writting any code. Opponent Sensors Status LEDs show us whether the opponent is detected and allow us to adjust the sensor detection range easily.
- 5 x Opponent Sensors Input (Digital) with LED state indicator
- 2 x Edge Sensors Input (Analog/Digital)
- 2 x General Purpose Input Output (Analog/Digital Input or Digital Output)
- 1 x Start Module Input (Digital), with LED and onboard start button
- 1 x Servo Output
- 1 x Programmable LED
- 1 x Onboard Potentiometer
- 1 x Mode Selection DIP Switch (3 Ways)
- 1 x Piezo Buzzer (Able to play melody)
- 92 x 36 mm (L x W)
- Arduino Nano/Uno compatible
- Vin: 7 - 18 V
- Reverse polarity protection on Vin
- Shockproof on/off switch with MOSFET latching circuit
- Battery voltage can be read programmatically
- Switching regulator for +5V reduce heat and increase efficiency
- Motor: 3 A continuous, 6 A peak
- Test buttons and status LED for motors