Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- 16 channel digital input / outputs
- 8 channel 12 bit resolution analog input (ADC)
- 2 channel 12 bit resolution digital to analog output (DAC)
- Real time Clock (RTC) with CR2032 battery holder
The Expansion HAT for Raspberry Pi is a versatile digital and analog expansion board. It allows connecting the Raspberry Pi to switches, lights, sensors, and many other devices giving a way to communicate with the outside world. The Expander Pi plugs onto the GPIO port on Raspberry Pi and can be securely fitted to the Raspberry Pi using the optional mounting kit. It is powered through the host Raspberry Pi using the GPIO port or via the on-board power connector. Extended pins on the GPIO connector allowing stacking the Expander Pi along with other expansion boards.
Using the Expander Pi can connect 8 analog inputs, 2 analog outputs and 16 digital input or outputs to the Raspberry Pi. The Expander Pi also features an on-board Real Time Clock (RTC) to ensure that the Raspberry Pi always has the correct date and time. Mounting holes are provided so it helps for securely bolting the Expander Pi to the Raspberry Pi with mounting kit.
The 16 input and output channels, using MCP23017 16-bit I/O expander from Microchip Technology Inc, can be independently configured as either inputs or outputs with a maximum input of 5 volts on each channel. The 2-channel digital to analog converter is a 12 bit resolution using Microchip MCP4822 dual channel 12-bit DAC with an internal voltage reference.
- 1-Wire Plus / Zero
- ADC Plus / Zero
- ADC Differential Pi
- IO Pi Plus / Zero
- Servo Pi Zero
- Serial Plus / Zero
- ADC DAC Pi Zero
- RTC Pi Plus / Zero
- 12 Bit Resolution
- Maximum ADC Input Voltage when using on-board voltage reference: 4.096V
- Maximum ADC Input Voltage when using an external voltage reference: 5V
- Analog inputs programmable as single-ended or pseudo-differential pairs
- All inputs and outputs w.r.t. VSS: -0.6V to VDD +0.6V
- 12 Bit Resolution
- Maximum output voltage at Gain 1: 2.048V
- Maximum output voltage at Gain 2: 4.096V
- Maximum output current: 25 mA