Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- High performance Hunter VTail 400 quadcopter with two angled rear propellers
- "Plug and play" for easy solder-less assembly
- Frame made with rigid and lightweight G10 fiberglass
- Includes standard brushless motors, speed controllers and propellers
- Requires flight controller, battery, charger and remote (TX/RX)
Verify your country's laws and regulations for Drone and Unmanned Aircrafts use. Registration of Unmanned Aircrafts is made mandatory in many countries and you are responsible to verify and to comply these regulations.
The Lynxmotion Hunter VTail 400 QuadCopter Kit (Base Combo Kit) is a high performance quadcopter. Unlike other 'x' (where the front of the UAV is facing between two legs) or '+' (where the front is facing one of the legs) quadcopters and Y-shaped tricopters, the VTail concept uses two angled rear propellers, merging both concepts.
Many tricopter designs use a servo to angle the rear propeller to Yaw (rotate horizontally) the aircraft clockwise / counter-clockwise, and have an issue with asymmetry (only two propellers can counter-rotate while the third causes a bit of rotation). A 6-rotor tricopter solves the symmetry issue, but is more expensive as it requires three additional motors and ESCs.
The frame uses G10 fiberglass composite which is incredibly rigid and lightweight and offers significant price advantages over carbon fiber. The hardware is entirely metal, using lightweight aluminium standoffs, steel screws and lock nuts. The ''400'' refers to the diameter of the circle which passes through all four motors and is commonly used as a size reference for multi-rotor UAVs.
This kit requires a controller which is VTail compatible. The controller's function is to stabilize the quadcopter using onboard sensors (usually a multi-axis gyroscope and/or accelerometer). You can incorporate your own controller which uses a standard 30mm x 30mm or 45mm x 45mm mounting hole pattern (and includes compatibility for VTail designs).
- VTail 400 Hardware Only Kit
- G10 (Fiberglass) frame parts
- Mounting hardware
- 2x Battery straps
- 4x Brushless Rotor Motor 1000Kv 15A
- 4x Lynxmotion 12A Multirotor ESC 1A BEC (With Connectors)
- 2x Pair of 8x4.5 Clockwise Propellers
- 2x Pair of 8x4.5 Counter Clockwise Propellers
- 1x Power Wiring Harness
- 1x Receiver to Flight Controller Wiring Harness
Note: Propeller colors might change without notice (usually two pairs of black and two pairs of orange)
Requires (sold separately)
- Flight Controller (Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano Drone/UAV Flight Controller (with GPS) or other VTail compatible suggested)
- Battery: 11.1V (3S), 20C (min) 2000mAh (min)
- 5 channel (or more) remote control (programming ESCs is needed)
- Size(Overall): 35cm(L) x 38cm(W) x 14.3cm(H)
- Weight: 326g
- Optimized for 2-4S LiPo Cells (11.1V to 14.8V nominal)
- Kv: 1000 (RPM/Volt)
- Max Continuous current: 15A
- Dimensions: 27.7mm x 32mm
- Weight: 58g
- 3mm bullet connectors
- 300mm wires length
Electronic Speed Controller Specifications:
- 12A continuous discharge, 16A burst
- Ideal for 2-4S LiPo, 6-12 Cells NiMh
- Provides 5V, 1A Linear Mode BEC
- High speed SimonK Firmware for MultiRotors
- Programmable via RC Transmitter
- Deans connector for power input
- 3mm female bullet connectors for motors
- 200mm long signal wires with JR (servo) connection
- 125mm long power wires
- 35mm long motor wires
- Size: 27mm x 22mm x 7mm
- Weight: 9g