Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Marvelmind Starter Set IA-04-2D-Badge (915/868 MHz, US/EU)
- Ready-to-use-out-of-the-box Starter Set
- Based on stationary ultrasonic beacons
- Covers open area of up to 1,000 m2
- Multiple mobile beacons without the update rate reduction
- Supporting Inverse Architecture with 2D tracking
- Note: You are responsible for determining if this frequency is allowed in your country
The Marvelmind Starter Set IA-04-2D-Badge (915/868 MHz, US/EU) is a ready-to-use-out-of-the-box Starter Set supporting Inverse Architecture (IA) with 2D tracking (XY) with Marvelmind Badge included.
The set covers an open area of up to 1,000 m2 in ideal conditions. Recommended - up to 200-400 m2. Maximum distance from the nearest 2 stationary beacons to the Badge - 30m or less.
In the Inverse Architecture (IA), stationary beacons emit ultrasound (on different ultrasonic frequencies) and mobile beacons (Badges) receive it. Thus, it is possible to have multiple mobile beacons without (or minor) update rate reduction per mobile beacon, unlike in the Non-Inverse Architecture.
The HW supports both 915 MHz (the US – ISM license-free band) and 868 MHz (the EU – SRD license-free band). The right radio band can be selected by radio settings inside the Dashboard.
A badge is better than Mini-RX for a complex environment because it contains 3 microphones: one – in the Mini-RX itself and 2 additional microphones in the strap.
It greatly improves the quality of tracking, but for the expense of exact positioning – instead of a single dot-like point (ultrasonic microphone in the Mini-RX), Badge is a distributed microphone system. Thus, the “central point” is spread. In the majority of real use-cases of people tracking, it is absolutely OK and sufficient.
The Marvelmind Indoor “GPS” navigation system is based on stationary ultrasonic beacons that are united by radio interface in a license-free band (915 MHz). The location of the mobile beacon is calculated based on the propagation delay of an ultrasonic signal (Time-Of-Flight or TOF) to a set of stationary ultrasonic beacons using trilateration.
Note: You are responsible for determining if this frequency is allowed in your country.
- 1 x Marvelmind Badge – 915/868 MHz as mobile beacon
- 2 x Super-Beacons – 915/868 MHz with different ultrasonic frequencies (f1 and f2 – usually, 25kHz and 31kHz).
- 1 x Modem HW v5.1 – 915/868 MHz as central controller of the system
- Covers open area of up to 1,000 m2 in ideal conditions
- In the Inverse Architecture (IA), stationary beacons emit ultrasound and mobile beacons receive it
- The HW supports both 915 MHz and 868 MHz
- The badge is better than Mini-RX for complex environment