Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Motoron M2S18v18 Dual High-Power Motor Controller Shield for Arduino (w/ Connectors)
- Supports two high-power DC motors with up to 18A output each
- Features reverse-voltage protection and current sensing
- Offers configurable motion parameters and hardware current limiting
- Includes two status LEDs and motor direction indicator LEDs
- Comes with a comprehensive user's guide and Arduino library
The Motoron M2S18v18 Dual High-Power Motor Controller Shield for Arduino (w/ Connectors) is a device designed to facilitate the control of two high-power DC motors from an Arduino or Arduino-compatible board via an I²C interface. It is capable of supporting motor supply voltages ranging from 6.5 to 30 V and delivering continuous output currents of up to 18 A per motor. This particular model comes with pre-soldered stackable headers and terminal blocks.
The terminal blocks included are taller than the headers, indicating that this model is designed to be used independently or at the top of a stack. For those seeking stackable shields, it is advisable to opt for the kit version and solder wires to the board in lieu of the terminal blocks.
The M2S18v18 shield is capable of supporting motor supply voltages from 6.5 to 30 V, although it is not intended for use with 24 V batteries. It can be distinguished from other M2S shields by its smaller discrete MOSFETs and the number 150 on top of the tall silver electrolytic capacitors.
The terminal blocks on the Motoron M2S high-power motor drivers are taller than the headers, hence they should only be installed on the top Motoron in the stack. The 5 mm blue terminal blocks are rated for up to 16 A, thus for higher-current applications, it is advisable to opt for an unsoldered version and then solder thick wires directly to the board.
The Motoron M2S18v18 Dual High-Power Motor Controller Shield for Arduino is equipped with two motor control channels for independent control of up to two bidirectional brushed DC motors. It also features reverse-voltage protection on the motor power supply, a logic voltage range of 3 to 5 V, a control interface with an I²C clock speed of up to 400 kHz, configurable motion parameters, current sensing, configurable hardware current limiting, a command timeout feature, configurable automatic error response, motor power supply (VIN) voltage measurement, two status LEDs, motor direction indicator LEDs, and a comprehensive user’s guide.
Please note that the terminal blocks are taller than the headers, so they should only be installed on the top Motoron in the stack. For higher-current applications, it is recommended to get an unsoldered version and then solder thick wires directly to the board.
- Motoron M2S18v18 Dual High-Power Motor Controller Shield for Arduino w/ Connectors
- 2.56 x 2.02 inch
- Two motor control channels allow for independent control of up to two bidirectional brushed DC motors
- Reverse-voltage protection is provided on the motor power supply
- Operating voltage: 6.5 - 30 V
- The logic voltage range is from 3.0 - 5 V
- The control interface is I²C with a clock speed of up to 400 kHz
- Optional cyclic redundancy checking (CRC) is available
- Motion parameters are configurable, including max acceleration/deceleration forward/reverse, starting speed forward/reverse, and direction change delay forward/reverse
- The PWM frequency has eight options available, ranging from 1 to 80 kHz
- Current sensing is supported
- Hardware current limiting is configurable
- The command timeout feature stops motors if the Arduino stops functioning
- Automatic error response is configurable
- Motor power supply (VIN) voltage can be measured
- Optional pins are provided to power the Arduino from reverse-protected motor power, either directly or through an external regulator (not included)
- Two status LEDs are included
- Motor direction indicator LEDs are included
- Weight: 25 g