Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Operating Temperature: -20 to +70 ºC (-4 to +158 ºF)
- High quality speech synthesis for English and Spanish languages
- Power requirements: +5 VDC, 30 mA idle, 46-220 mA active
- Communication: Asynchronous 9600 bps serial (8N1)
The Parallax Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module is a voice! Designed in conjunction with Grand Idea Studio, the Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module is a multi-language voice synthesizer that converts a stream of digital text into natural sounding speech. Its simple command-based interface makes it easy to integrate into any embedded system.
- Nine pre-defined voice styles comprising male, female, and child
- Dynamic control of speech and voice characteristics, including pitch, speaking rate, and word emphasis
- Industry standard DECtalk text-to-speech synthesizer engine (5.0.E1)
- Reading Internet-based data streams (such as e-mails or twitter feeds)
- Conveying status or sensor results from robots, scientific equipment, or industrial machinery
- Language learning or speech aids for educational environments