Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Most commonly used feedback device for a DC or stepper motor
- You can keep track of how far your motor has turned
- Can read incremental encoders with line driver
- Can read at speeds of up to 100,000 quadrature cycles per second
The Phidget VINT Quadrature Encoder is the most commonly used feedback device for a DC or stepper motor. With an encoder, you can keep track of how far your motor has turned, which then allows you to control the position and velocity in your code. Whether you want to build a robot whose wheels can respond to uneven terrain or measure the speed of a bicycle, you'll need an encoder and this adapter.
The Quadrature Encoder Phidget can read incremental encoders with line driver, open collector, or push-pull output circuits by selecting the appropriate mode in API. For line driver and open collector, you can also choose between 2.2 kΩ or 10 kΩ resistors. Basically, if you have a 0-5V quadrature encoder, this adapter can read it. It can read at speeds of up to 100,000 quadrature cycles per second, which is faster than any motor.
Power Saving Options
If power consumption is imporant in your project, you can turn off the encoder through a command in software when you know the attached device won't be turning. When the encoder is not being powered, this board draws a mere 20μA of current.
- Controlled By: VINT
- Number of Encoder Inputs: 1
- Count Rate Max: 400000 pulses/s
- Encoder Interface Resolution: x4
- Time Resolution: 1 μs
- Encoder Input Low Voltage Max: 2.4 V DC
- Encoder Input High Voltage Min: 2.6 V DC
- Sampling Interval Min: 20 ms/sample
- Sampling Interval Max: 1 s/sample
- Pull-up Resistance (Open Collector): 2.2 kΩ or 10 kΩ
- Pull-down Resistance (Line Driver): 2.2 kΩ or 10 kΩ
- Current Consumption Min: (unconfigured) 24.6 μA
- Current Consumption Max: encoder current + 4.2 mA
- Operating Temperature Min: -40 °C
- Operating Temperature Max: 85 °C