Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Measure sound pressure level of a room
- Plugs into a VINT port
- Sensor returns data in dB (SPL)
- Capable of analyzing specific frequency bands of sound
Measure sound pressure level of a room or an environment with the Phidget VINT Sound Sensor that plugs into a VINT port. You could also use it to detect the occurance of sudden noises. The sensor returns data in dB (SPL), which is decibels relative to the quietest noise a human can hear.
The Sound Phidget also reports data in dBA (SPL) and dBC (SPL). These are special standardized weightings of the frequency range created for specific purposes. For example, dBA puts less emphasis on lower frequencies that the human ear doesn't pick up, making it ideal for measuring loudness as heard by your ear.
This Phidget is also capable of analyzing specific frequency bands of sound. Every time data is sent to your program, an array of 11 values will be sent, each one corresponding to a different frequency band ranging from 16 Hz to 16kHz centered.
- Controlled By: VINT
- Sound Level Min: * 60 dB
- Sound Level Max: 102 dB
- Sampling Interval Max: 1000 ms/sample
- Sampling Interval Min: 100 ms/sample
- Current Consumption Max: 26 mA
- Current Consumption Min: (unconfigured) 16 μA
- Operating Temperature Min: -20 °C
- Operating Temperature Max: 70 °C