- Breakout board for Allegro's A4988 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Operates from 8-35 V and delivers up to 2A per coil
- Adjustable current limiting and five different microstep resolutions
The Pololu 8-35V 2A Single Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver A4988 is a breakout board for Allegro's easy-to-use A4988 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver and is a drop-in replacement for the A4983 stepper motor driver carrier. The driver features adjustable current limiting, overcurrent protection, and five different microstep resolutions.
This breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver features adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and five different microstep resolutions (down to 1/16-step). It operates from 8 V to 35 V and can deliver up to approximately 1 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (it is rated for 2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling). This board ships with 0.1″ male header pins included but not soldered in.
• Simple step and direction control interface
• Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
• Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
• Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
• Short to ground and shorted-load protection
Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.