- SparkFun FTDI Starter Kit 5V
- Offers a USB 2.0 type B to Mini-B 5-pin black cable
- Comes with FTDI basic breakout and Mini-B USB cable
- Designed to decrease the cost of Arduino development
- Works with official Arduino and cloned 5V Arduino boards
The SparkFun FTDI Starter Kit 5V is a basic breakout board for the FTDI FT232RL USB to serial IC. The pinout of this board matches the FTDI cable to work with official Arduino and cloned 5V Arduino boards. It can also be used for general serial applications.
The major difference with this board is that it brings out the DTR pin as opposed to the RTS pin of the FTDI cable. The DTR pin allows an Arduino target to auto-reset when a new Sketch is downloaded.
Note: If you prefer microUSB over miniUSB check out the FT231X Breakout for your micro FTDI needs!