Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- T500 Thruster (No ESC)
- Offers next-generation underwater thruster
- Comes with a pre-installed WetLink Penetrator
- Includes a 1.5 m cable
- Provides three times more thrust than T200 Thruster
- Ideal choice for high-power ROVs, AUVs, and more
The T500 Thruster is a next-generation underwater thruster with three times more thrust than the T200 Thruster. With a 24V / 43.5A power rating, high efficiency, and ruggedized design, it is an ideal choice for high-power ROVs, surface vessels, AUVs, and more. It comes with a pre-installed WetLink Penetrator for rapid integration into your system.
The T500 is designed to achieve its maximum performance of 16.1 kgf (35.5 lb) of thrust at an operating voltage of 24 V and power consumption of just over 1 kW. That said, it also operates well at 16 V, the voltage of the BlueROV2 and lithium-ion battery. At 16 V, it consumes a similar amount of power to the T200 Thruster, but is more efficient and generates 70% more thrust.
The T500 Thruster is a three-phase sensorless brushless motor and requires an electronic speed controller (ESC) for operation. The Basic ESC 500 is recommended, which is designed for the high-power requirements of the T500 running at 24 V, however, if you’re operating at 18 V or less, you may also use the original Basic ESC without any reduction in performance.
The T500 Thruster was designed with an emphasis on reliability and robustness in challenging applications. The magnet rotor is significantly improved over that in the T200 Thruster. The rotor has rugged construction with high-performance N52 neodymium magnets, protected by a metal abrasion shield lining the inside of the rotor. This prevents the magnets from being damaged due to debris or sand in the thruster.
The T500 has been validated through hundreds of hours of testing under extreme conditions. Test units have been pushed through thousands of cycles, hot and cold temperatures, and extreme pressures.
The T500 Thruster is intended to be integrated into a wide range of different applications with ease. The nozzle includes four M4 mounting screws and can be attached to ROV frames, boat hulls, or just about anything.
It comes with a 1.5 m (59 in) cable with a pre-installed WetLink Penetrator to make it easy to connect to a watertight enclosure or other housing. The penetrator has an M14 thread size and requires larger holes than on most of the watertight enclosure end caps. Several new end caps will be available soon to accommodate the M14 thread size.
The T500 Thruster comes ready to use and includes both clockwise and counterclockwise propellers. In addition to the thruster, you need a speed controller like the Basic ESC 500, a power source like the battery, and a signal source, such as the Thruster Commander, an RC radio receiver, or a microcontroller like the Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
- 1x T500 Thruster with WetLink Penetrator pre-installed
- 1x Clockwise propeller (installed on thruster)
- 1x Counterclockwise Propeller
- 1x Penetrator nut and O-ring
- Length: 160 mm
- Diameter: 141 mm
- Core Diameter: 62 mm
- Propeller Diameter: 114.5 mm
- Weight in Air (with 1.5m cable): 1157 g
- Weight in Water (with 1.5m cable): 730 g
- Mounting Hole Threads: M4 x 0.7
- Mounting Hole Spacing: 25 mm
- Overall Cable Length: 1.5 m
- Cable Length (Thruster to WLP): 1.37 m
- Wire Length (WLP to end): 80 mm
- Cable Diameter: 9.0 mm
- Depth Rating: 300 m
- Full Throttle FWD/REV Thrust at 24 V: 16.1 / 10.5 kg f
- Full Throttle FWD/REV Thrust at 20 V: 13.0 / 8.5 kg f
- Full Throttle FWD/REV Thrust at 16 V: 9.3 / 6.2 kg f
- Full Throttle FWD/REV Thrust at 12 V: 6.0 / 4.0 kg f
- Operating Water Temperature (full power at 24 V): 2 - 27 °C
- Operating Voltage: 7 - 24 volts
- Motor Kv (no load): 202 RPM/V
- Full Throttle Current (Power) at 24 V: 43.5 Amps (1044 Watts)
- Full Throttle RPM at 24 V: 3100 RPM
- Full Throttle Current (Power) at 20 V: 34.0 Amps (681 Watts)
- Full Throttle RPM at 20 V: 2740 RPM
- Full Throttle Current (Power) at 16 V: 25.1 Amps (402 Watts)
- Full Throttle RPM at 16 V: 2350 RPM
- Full Throttle Current (Power) at 12 V: 16.9 Amps (202 Watts)
- Full Throttle RPM at 12 V: 1900 RPM
- Conductor Gauge: 12 AWG