- Can activate applications with voltage levels as high as 240VAC
- DoubleSwitch radio controlled dual 8A relay
- Status LED on the bottom
- Typical lifetime: 100,000 switching cycles
- Toggled via hobby radio control gear
The Dimension Engineering DoubleSwitch Radio Controlled Relay is a doubled version of the popular Dimension Engineering BattleSwitch Radio Controlled Relay - DE-01. The DoubleSwitch is a relay switch that you toggle via hobby radio control gear. You can use DoubleSwitch to quickly and easily control glow plugs, BattleBot weaponry and more. You can activate applications with the voltage levels as high as 240VAC without having to know anything about microcontroller logic levels or transistors because the relay offers full electrical isolation from your receiver electronics.
The DoubleSwitch plugs into a standard hobby radio control receiver as easily as a servo does. You connect the loads that you want to toggle using DoubleSwitch's wear resistant screw terminals. Depending on the channel you use, you will then be able to control the relays by moving your radio's control stick up or down, left or right, or another method you desire. The DoubleSwitch has a status LED on the bottom. The LED will light up when the relay switch is on, and vice versa. It will also tell you if your radio link is too weak by flashing repeatedly.
The relay is a double pole double throw switch. Its typical lifetime is 100,000 switching cycles, depending on how heavy a load you are using. The DoubleSwitch does not supply power at the screw terminals.
- Control of powerful auxiliary weapons in RC combat
- Control of glow plugs in RC nitro vehicles
- Control of high powered lighting systems on large RC aircraft, boats, cars
- Control of domestic appliances and home automation
- Control of non-critical automotive electronics such as glow wire
- Control of nearly any application that can be toggled with a switch
- Gum commercials