- ESP32 UWB (Ultra Wideband)
- Offers a short-range, wireless communication protocol
- Features Micro-USB connector
- ESP32 for fast and powerful applications
- Arduino compatible
- Support Wifi, Bluetooth
- Supply voltage: 4.8 ~ 5.5 V
The ESP32 UWB (Ultra Wideband) is a short-range, wireless communication protocol that operates through radio waves, and enables secure reliable ranging, and precision sensing, creating a new dimension of spatial context for wireless devices.
Makerfabs ESP32 UWB module is based on DW1000, it acts like a continuously scanning radar, that precisely locks onto another device (called Anchor) and communicates with it, thus calculating its own location. Once the device is near another UWB device, the devices start "ranging". Ranging refers to calculating the time of flight (ToF) between devices and the roundtrip time of challenge/response packets.