Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Hummingbird Bit Base Kit
- Provides your robot creations with new features
- Contains LEDs, extension cables, a light- and dial sensor
Inspire deep and joyful learning with the new micro:bit-powered Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kit! The Hummingbird Bit Base Kit is comprised of lights, sensors, and motors which allow students to build a robot out of any materials. The power of Hummingbird is in its flexibility--the same reusable kit can animate a poem, model the human arm, build an autonomous rover, or create a pinball machine. Hummingbird exemplifies a low-floor, high-ceiling approach: absolute beginners can build and program a robot in minutes but continue learning for years.
All Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kits include:
- Free classroom-tested and standards-aligned learning materials, such as programming tutorials, lesson plans, and printable student activities.
- Out-of-the-box compatibility with all laptops and most tablets.
- Free software that is tested to work with school IT environments.
- Support for 4 blocks-based and 3 text-based programming environments, including Makecode, Python, and Java.
- Electrically protected connectors that allow students to easily add multiple motors, sensors, and LEDs without risk of harm due to incorrect connections.
- Options for online and in-person professional development, including classroom and school district curriculum integration planning.
- Classroom-ready packaging, including sturdy cases, sorting compartments, and stackable containers.
- Products that have been created and validated by National Science Foundation-funded research at Carnegie Mellon University and tested in classrooms with teachers and students.