Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Included in this bundle
- 24 X RB-Hit-29 - Hitec HS-645MG Servo Motor
- 1 X RB-Lyn-740 - Lynxmotion T-Hex 4DOF Hexapod Robot Kit (Hardware Only)
- 24 X RB-Hit-131 - Hitec Nylon Servo Horn White
- 24 degree of freedom hexapod walking robot kit
- Perfect for adding weapons for a local robot competition
- Made with ultra-tough aluminum servo erector set brackets
- Includes brackets, frame, and hardware for 4DoF T-hex hexapod
- Advanced development kit
The Lynxmotion T-Hex 4DOF Hexapod Robot Kit (No Electronics) is Mech inspired. The use of offset brackets on the legs provides an additional range of movement. The four DOF (degree of freedom) leg design means the robot can walk in any direction, just like the 3DOF version. But the 4th axis really expands the dynamic range of the robot's range of motion. The robot has been designed to use 24 HS-645 servos for the legs. The combo kit includes everything you need to make a functional robot except batteries. It's truly amazing to see in action. This Mech inspired robot is perfect for adding weapons for your local robot competition.
Note: Product differs slightly from the image
Controlling the Robot
By offloading the servo pulse generation and sequence movement timing to the SSC-32 the microcontroller has plenty of power to do some really cool things. The Phoenix program allows the robot to walk with variable speed, in any direction (translation), or turn in place (rotation), or any combination of the two. The leg lift and ride height is adjustable as well as the gait walking speed. You can rotate the body in every axis. There are preset walking modes and gaits to choose from. All of these are accessible from the controller. The Phoenix code also supports a serial control mode for controlling the robot via a serial connection. The programming is already done for this robot. You no longer have to be a computer scientist to play with this level of robotics. The control options are: PS2 remote control, Xbee / DIY RC stick radio control, and TTL serial control.
The robot is made from ultra-tough high-quality aluminum servo erector set brackets.
Note that this is NOT a toy but rather an advanced legged development platform. Mechanical assembly instructions are provided. but the user must select electronics and program the robot. The Phoenix code (compatible with Lynxmotion's BotBoarduino microcontroller + SSC-32 servo controller + PS2 remote control) can be adapted for use with this robot at the discretion of the user.
- 3x 4DoF T-Hex Leg pairs
- 1x T-Hex body
- 24x Hitec 645MG servos
- 6x Servo Extender Cable - 6"
- 6x Servo Extender Cable - 12"
Requires (sold separately)
- Servo controller
- Battery (6V, 2500mAh+ suggested) / charger
- PS2 remote control & wiring
Powering Options compatibility
- Chargers: NiCad & Ni-MH Universal Smart Charger
- Batteries: 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 2800mAh Battery Pack