Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Marvelmind Super-Beacon (22kHz)
- Offers a dual-use beacon
- Most versatile, easy-to-use, and recommended beacon
- Onboard 6D IMU (3D gyro + 3D accelerometer)
- Used for precise distance measurement of up to 50m
- Can work both as stationary and as mobile
The Marvelmind Super-Beacon (22kHz) is a dual-use beacon - it can both receive and transmit ultrasonic pulses. It can work both as stationary and as mobile. The Super-Beacon Beacon can be used in Non-Inverse Architecture (NIA), Multi-Frequency NIA (MF NIA), and Inverse Architecture (IA).
The Super-Beacon is the most versatile, easy-to-use, and recommended beacon for Marvelmind precise indoor positioning and navigation system, particularly when starting with the Marvelmind Indoor "GPS" system. The system is used for autonomous robots, forklifts, drones, and people, as well as for industrial applications requiring precise positioning and localization indoors.
The Super-Beacon has a separate receiving part with a single wide-beam microphone and sharp DSP filters (like Mini-RX, Industrial-RX, or Industrial Super-Beacons have). Thus, it is more sensitive than Beacon HW v4.9 more resistant to external noise, and easier to set up because you don’t have to care about turning on and off ultrasonic sensors to optimize coverage vs. sensitivity.
- 1x Marvelmind Super-Beacon (22kHz)
- 55 x 55 x 33 mm
- Ultrasonic Frequency: 22 kHz
- Weight: 27 g (bare board w/o battery)
Distance between beacons
- Reaches up to 50 meters in lab conditions
- Recommended distance is up to 30 meters (RX4 to RX4)
- Range of stable tracking of Super-Beacon + Super-Beacon is 20-50% bigger than the range of Beacon HW v4.9 + Beacon HW v4.9 in the same conditions
- Reaches up to 1000 m2 with the Starter Set configurations
- Coverage for larger territories is similar to cellular networks
- Absolute: 1-3% of the distance to the beacons
- Differential precision: ±2 cm
- Differential precision is on par or better than in the Beacon HW v4.9, partially, because the sensor is a point - not as spread sensors of HW v4.9 and partially, because of higher processing power and more advanced algorithms of the Super-Beacon
Power supply and battery lifetime
- LiPo battery 1000 mAh
- Battery lifetime totally depends on usage
- Receiving beacon mode with 8Hz update rate and 10m-submaps => up to 30h
- Transmitting beacon with 1/10Hz update rate => several months
- Future power-saving features may increase battery life to 1-year and more (with a very slow update rate or location update on demand)
- micro USB - recommended for permanent use