Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun 16x2 Character LCD Display
- Features an AVR-based, RGB on Black Liquid Crystal Display
- Provides a simple and cost-effective solution to show texts and numbers
- Uses an on-board ATmega328P AVR microcontroller
The SparkFun 16x2 Character LCD Display RBG on Black 3.3V is an AVR-based, serial enabled LCD that provides a simple and cost-effective solution for adding a 16x2 RGB on Black Liquid Crystal Display into your project. This module features a new PCB design on the back of the screen by including an ATmega328P that handles all of the screen control, meaning a backpack is no longer needed!
This display can now communicate in three different ways: serial, I2C, and SPI. This simplifies the number of wires needed and allows your project to display all kinds of text and numbers.
The on-board ATmega328P AVR microcontroller utilizes 11.0592 MHz crystal for greater communication accuracy with adjustable baud rates of 1,200 through 1,000,000 but is default set at 9,600. The firmware for this SerLCD is fully opensource and allows for any customizations you may need.
- 1 x SparkFun 16x2 Character LCD Display RBG on Black 3.3V
- 16 x 2, RGB on Black Display
- The AVR ATMega328p (with Arduino-compatible bootloader) is populated on the back of each LCD screen and handles all of the LCD control
- Three communication options: Serial, I2C and SPI
- Adjustable I2C address controlled via software special commands (0 x 72 default)
- Emergency reset to factory settings (Jumper RX to GND on bootup)
- Operational backspace character
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption
- Pulse width modulation of contrast allows for software-defined contrast amount
- User definable splash screen
- Open-sourced firmware and Arduino-compatible bootloader enables updates via the Arduino IDE